KatKeRo's Corner

*Where are you from?
I’m from Dilbeek, a small town next to Brussel, Belgium. Because nobody heard of Dilbeek but most people have heard of Bruseel I use Brussel as my home town.

*How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
My friends know me as katkero on the internet so I decided on KatKeRo’s Corner as my shopname. I started selling because people kept bugging me to sell my shawl pins.

*What would you like people to think when they see your product? 
Unique, one of a kind.

*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
My current supply addiction is yarn and roving. I started out with a supply addiction to beads. I love blues and greens so I mostly buy those colors and I hardly buy yellow because I hate that color.


*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I’m a nurse on an ER in a small local hospital. I’m a member of an archery guild where we do wipschieten. It’s a traditional form of archery used by the guilds who protected the towns when practicing their archery. The guilds have a lot of traditions but luckily woman can shoot also these days. I also am a member of a folk dance group where I used to teach dancing.

*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
The needle felted items because it’s a new craft for me. I always wanted to do needle felting and I teached myself with YouTube.


*What keeps you motivated?
Team members and thread members on Etsy.


*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be? 
Promote, promote and promote again.

*Are there other places on the net we can find you?
My twitter acount: twitter.com/#!/katkero
On facebook you can find me under Kat KeRo. It’s my personal page, I don’t have a shop page.


6 comments:

Peg said...

Great article Kat! It's good to learn about fellow etsy artists and what keeps them going.
Thanks!

Eunice said...

Kat, you have amazing talent! Great interview :) I've been to Brussels a couple of years ago!

Unknown said...

Kat, loved reading your post. How I would love to go to Brussels - perhaps someday. Thanks for sharing your insight regarding your shop and crafting. Love your felted items!!

Jmillie

Cwtchbugs said...

Loved reading all about you Kat. It's so nice to hear about other crafters and 'see' behind the name. I've never been to Belgium but my husband worked there a long time ago! He said it was lovely, especially the food!!!

katkero said...

Thanks Audrey for fearuring me.
Thanks for all the kind words about my shop.

Amydscrochet said...

Great article & wonderful to learn more about you & your shop.