Super Crafty Lady


*Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I was born and raised in Minnesota. I have lived here my entire life so have grown accustomed to our ever changing weather conditions. I started out scrapbooking about 20 years ago and got hooked on making handcrafted cards shortly after. There are always new products coming out on the market so it is really hard to keep up, but lots of fun to learn new and different uses for products.

*Why did you start your business?
I started my Etsy shop after helping my husband set up his own Etsy shop. He told me that with all the crafts that I have around the house I should try my luck at selling them on Etsy. Let other people enjoy your work.

*What are 5 things you want people to think when they see your product?
Unique – something different that other people don’t have
Quality – I am not going to make you something that I would not accept myself, I do not just slap my projects together
Multipurpose – you can use the item for more than one purpose
Crafty – can alter a tin can, jar , notebook and make them pretty
Useful – you can use the product, or give as a gift to use

*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
I love scrapbook paper, especially if I find it on sale. You can never have enough paper to create with. I am always looking for something to create with especially for the holidays. I also have a drawer full of ribbon, you name the color I probably have it.

*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I am helping my husband with his Etsy shop or trying to keep my daughters busy so they are not bored. I enjoy reading, bowling, going for bike rides and just relaxing.

* Is this your first craft adventure or have you tried other crafts? What would you like to try?
I have made floral arrangements but I only have made them for my own self. I would like to learn how to knit but I don’t think I have enough time or patience to really get into it at the present time.

*What keeps you motivated?
My daughters and husband keep me going, no time to slow down. My daughters are getting into scrapbooking and it really fun to see them get so excited over picking out scrapbook paper for their own projects and ideas.


*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be?
My advice to a new shop owner is never give up. It takes time and lots of hard work to keep your shop going and to get sales. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, and try again.

*Are there other places on the internet we can find you?
You can find me on facebook at: www.facebook.com/supercraftylady


10 comments:

Maya said...

Your work is beautiful and so much fun! Thank you for sharing a bit more about yourself with us!

Christie Cottage said...

Great feature!

<><

Lauren H said...

Thanks for sharing! Great feature :)

Wendy said...

Great shop!!

ageratum said...

So glad to get to know another etsian. What lovely products you have created! Peace. ;) Donna

Creations By Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Creations By Janet said...

Love your shop! So many cute things!

Tak said...

Lovely work! Thanks so much for sharing!

2justByou said...

Wonderful interview and feature! I really love the advice and motivation answers. =)
~Kim

Lou said...

Very nice ! You have a great shop.